The Hondón Valley, is in the west of the Alicante Region, Costa Blanca South, Spain. Its nearest city is Elche to the south east or Crevillente (both about 20 minutes drive) with Alicante city & airport about 30 minutes drive. The two close neighbouring villages are called Hondón De Los Frailes and Hondon de las Nieves.
Both villages are typically Spanish, old, quiet rural villages: quaint, friendly and have changed very little over the years. The local economy and work rely heavily on the agricultural industry (grapes, almonds, olives and figs) in this very fertile valley and in more recent times, the building industry has been dominant as the area is rich in limestone and marble. The property boom since the millennium has seen a large influx of property investors and development, mainly northern Europeans. This money has helped to revive both villages. Foreigners now make up approx. 50% of the population.
The EURO TOUR GUIDE offers a lot of tourist information for the Costa Blanca, fiestas, markets and events in the area… Their website is well worth a visit.
Spain and Hondon Valley Related Resources:
- Hondon Rent-A-Car: We rent new, fully equipped and all risks insured cars, at a very favourable price. If you wish, we can take care that your car is ready for you at Alicante Airport at the moment you arrive, but we also can pick you up and return to the airport.
- Villas for rent in Hondon Valley: Holiday villas and apartments for rent on the Costa Blanca, direct from the owners.
- Hondon Property, Homes & Villas: Buy Property in the Hondon Valley
- AIPP Property Agent in Hondon
- Hondon What’s On? (Facebook Group)